“What is the most important commandment?” asked the religious leaders, trying to trap Jesus. His answer was two-fold. “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” (Matthew 22:38,29) The first two days of our prayer challenge encompassed the first part–loving God. Today’s prayer topic focuses on the second part of Jesus’s answer.
Our world is in chaos right now. People across the globe are struggling with the fallout from this pandemic. Many are sick and suffering the loss of family members. Others have lost their jobs and are wondering how to pay their bills. Still more sink into depression as a result of isolation and anxiety. List the people you know who are at risk. Pray for them by name. Then pray by name for the health care workers and other essential employees that you know. Pray for their protection and the protection of their families. Lifting up these needs helps us feel better and fulfills the law of Christ.
If you have time, do the following activity focusing on others. Then post pictures on Instagram and tag me @six5mom #Easterweekprayerchallenge.
Scripture Reference and Activity
- Gather the materials pictured above: Bible, colored paper, two different sizes of round objects, scissors, Sharpie, and tape.
- Read Galatians 6:2 and Philippians 2:3,4.
- Trace and cut out six large circles and one smaller circle of a different color.
4. Write “Share Each Other’s Burdens Gal 6:2” on the smaller circle.
5. Write the names of people at risk on the larger circles. Pray for each person as you write their names.
6. Tape the larger circles on the wall, creating flower petals.
7. Tape the smaller circle in the center of the pattern, finishing the flower.
8. We will continue to add to the mural throughout the week 🙂