I didn’t post this when we started school because often life goes differently than I thought it would, and my carefully crafted schedule falls apart. But we’ve managed to keep this up for two months. I figured it was time to put it out there.
- 9:00 AM: chores
- 10 AM-noon: school. We always start with Bible, then, the order varies depending on the day.
- Noon-1:30 PM: lunch and break
- 1:30 PM-?: complete school assignments (takes 4-6 hours depending on subject matter)
- Monday-Thursday: Academics-Bible, Math, Language Arts, History, Science
- Friday: Enrichment-cooking, science experiments, art, music, field trips, etc.
- Cafe Day: We go to a local cafe one day a week. Peck works on school, and I write. It’s Peck’s favorite day of the week.
- 4H: We have an awesome homeschool 4h club that meets once a month. The students give small speeches, and the class learns about a topic. This year our theme is farm to table.
- Field Trips: I’m planning on at least one big trip a month.
- Year-Round Schooling: I’m managing a schedule this year, but I know our life still needs room for flexibility. Year-round allows us space for spontaneity, health issues, and family trips.
Great Middle-Grade Read!